Our multi-stage interview process is designed to ensure we have a fair and equal process to source the right candidate for every opportunity.
- When you apply for a job at British Land we want your experience to be positive, enjoyable and valuable. We celebrate diversity and inclusion and truly embrace individuals’ backgrounds.
- If you enjoy bringing your whole self to work, share our values and are excited about our purpose we’d love to hear from you!
- Simply register and apply through our online career’s portal and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
- For our early career paths, we utilise a contextual recruitment system at the application stage to provide a comprehensive measure of social mobility and identify resilient outperformers to help support equality.
- We are committed to providing an accessible and inclusive workplace, please let us know if you require us to make any reasonable adjustments for your application or during the interview process email@example.com
- We are committed to providing an inclusive process, to remove any bias from the selection stage we will anonymise your application, CV and Cover Letter. Removing all protected characteristics ensures the emphasis is placed on your ability, skills and talent so our Hiring Managers can focus on what’s important.
- We provide structured and measurable interviews; you’ll meet with the team and key stakeholders. We will endeavour to provide you with a diverse audience of our expert people.
- Typically, two to three interviews may be necessary depending on the level of the position and at least one of these will be in person.
- All first stage interviews include competency, experience, and technical based questions.
- For our early career paths, you will be invited to complete an online video interview and an assessment centre.
- Final stage interviews will introduce you to the wider team and may include a case study or presentation.
- All our hiring managers undertake recruitment and unconscious bias training.
- We endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven’t heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- All candidates that attend interview with British Land will be provided timely feedback via the Talent Acquisition team or our recruitment agency partners.
- If you are successful in your application our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to run through the employment details and our amazing benefits.
- Your employment contract will be sent via DocSign and on receipt of your acceptance we will initiate the employment screening via our external vetting agency.
- We believe a strong business is the result of engaged, satisfied and high performing employees and onboarding is the key ingredient for this. In the time between your offer documents being returned to you start date, you will be in contact with Talent Acquisition and your hiring manager for first day arrangements, any appropriate team updates and or queries.
We are dedicated to an unbiased and transparent recruitment process. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and have different characteristics to apply. As part of our recruitment policy we have introduced Blind CV’s for a large portion of our roles to help eliminate unconscious bias.
We have teamed up with our own networks (BL Pride Alliance, enaBLe, REACH, equitaBLe) as well as external providers to assist in making BL’s recruitment inclusive to a wider candidate pool. Find out more.
We host inclusive interviews to ensure candidates are able to perform at their best. At British Land we want to accommodate all candidates by creating a positive interview environment. If you have a disability and require assistance or can suggest a way that we can better accommodate you at any point during the recruitment process, please contact Talent@BritishLand.com