We advocate responsible business practices across British Land and throughout our supply chain.
We have a robust governance structure which enables us to make effective decisions, at the right time and based on the right information.
Our key areas of focus are set out below.
- Investing in training and professional qualifications.
- Connecting with our people.
- Providing a safe working environment.
Diversity and inclusion
- Improving gender diversity at all levels; maintaining at least 40% female representation on the Board and ensuring at least 40% of senior management are women.
- Improving ethnic diversity at all levels; maintaining a minimum of two Directors from an ethnic minority background and achieving 17.5% ethnic minority representation across the company by 2025.
- Making our places more inclusive for everyone.
- Mandatory modern slavery awareness training for British Land staff.
- Commitment to Real Living Wages.
- Mandating prompt payment.
- Responsible procurement standards.
A strong relationship with our suppliers plays a key role in the successful delivery of our strategy which is governed by our Supplier Code of Conduct. This sets out clear social, ethical and environmental obligations for our supply chain and promotes safe and fair working conditions. It is mandatory for all suppliers.